I was honored to find this morning that I have been awarded The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award by someone I think is just super cool!
Heidi, also known as our Fearless TOS Crew Captain, has an awesome blog over at Heidi’s Reviews and Reflections and let me just say I only thought I was busy before I started keeping up with her blog! She not only does a magnificent job of leading the TOS Homeschool Crew, but manages many other special projects for TOS, does amazing reviews of many other books and materials out there, is a die-hard Disney fan and a part of all-things Disney related in the blogging world (she even has her own blog meme Destination Disney!), and I just can’t begin to mention all the other cool things she does besides homeschool her three amazing kids (two of which are just about the same age as mine).
It’s been an honor and privilege to know her and I’m happy to call her my friend-thanks Heidi!
Here are the award rules:
1. Link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. List 7 unknown facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to at least 1 sweet blogger.
Hmmm, so 7 unknown facts about myself- let me see if I can think of some really random stuff-
1. I’ve never been to Disneyland, but have always wanted to go there.
2. I loved riding all kinds of rollercoasters growing up- some of my favorites were the Hangman at Opryland, the worldest largest wooden rollercoaster in Chicago Illinois, and an incredibly long and twisty loopdy-loop thing at Six Flags. (I love the water rides too!)
3. I have never been able to ride anything that goes in circles including the Merry-go-Round because I’ll puke. I used to loved the Ferris wheel but can’t ride that anymore either. I can’t even spin my kids in circles holding their arms because it gives me a dizzy headache. Getting worse as I get older, bummer.
4. My best friend Lisa collected Mickey Mouse EVERYTHING growing up. I collected Snoopy stuff, but also loved Pooh and Tigger and the Pink Panther. I still have and love many of my stuffed animals I bought from various Disney Stores in malls I have shopped in (Can’t pass by a Disney store!!).
5. One of my favorite childhood memories was sitting down with my family every Sunday night in our living room to watch the Wonderful World of Disney on our black and white tv that only got 3 channels. I still get butterflies in my stomach thinking of the music that played when it first came on with the Disney Castle and Tinkerbell flying around and waving her wand with sparkleys flying everywhere introducing the feature show.
6.I had to sleep with my light on when I was a kid because I was afraid of the dark. I DO NOT LIKE haunted houses or spook houses. I will go on rides through dark tunnels, though, and most of the time I scream.
7. I still remember going to the county and state fairs growing up and looking forward to the corn dogs, cotton candy, fresh squeezed lemonade and funnel cakes. Last year when we went to the San Antonio Livestock Show I couldn’t believe how good the food was there, including all of the amazing sweet treats! (Can’t believe how much they charge, either!)
And to pass this award along —>
Penny is a fellow Crew Mate from the very first cruise, as well as another of my blogging and homeschooling heros. I can’t begin to describe the encouragement she doesn’t even know she’s brought me, and times my jaw has just dropped open by her strength and courage in dealing with all that God has entrusted her with. When her family moved to Nashville last year, I became overwhelmed with excitement that I will someday have the opportunity to meet up with her when I go home to visit. While those visits to Nashville are few and far between these days with our ranch and busy schedules, I am itchin to go home for a visit and include Penny!