I’ve been nominated for some awards in the blogging world in the past, and been chosen to share some awesome heartfelt awards by my blogging friends out there, but with my computer time being severely limited I’ve not followed through to the best of my abilities at times. After the big HSB crash, I never got any of my past awards re-posted on my sidebar.
So today, I was pleasantly surprised to find I have been nominated as a “Stylish Blogger” by my wonderful TOS Crew Mate Catherine over at Our Village is a Little Different. Thank you Catherine!!
To accept this award I have the responsibility to pass along the very important “Criteria of Acceptance” (aka: rules) as follows:
1. Thank and link back to the Stylish Blogger who awarded this to you.
2. Share seven things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!!
So here are seven things about my zany and crazy life:
1. I am a homeschooling mom of three, as well as a veterinarian. I am blessed to be able to work two days a week doing mostly surgery and every other Sat seeing pets, with my kids stepping up and agreeing to work independently from work boxes on the days I’m working as a vet. I really love doing surgery, as well as helping out lot of friends with horses, cattle, goats and sheep, and other pets on the side. I also enjoy using my veterinary talents to teach a 4-H Veterinary Science project!
2. My greatest passion besides my family and vet medicine is music. I sing and write Christian music and really love being a part of our church’s Praise Team.
3. I am in awe everyday at the way God has given us this ranch and animals to care for, and of course these three awesome kids. I waited forty years to own my own horse, and now we have three! One of the greatest pleasures and thrills of my whole life is watching my girls learn to ride and love these horses. I am just amazed that my girls broke our filly with no hands-on help from anyone. Just advice from Mom, books, and friends. Wow!
4. I am married to a true-life American Patriot who would give his life for not only me and our children, but you. He is an amazing medic, sharp shooter, outdoor enthusiast, carpenter, artist, and animal-lover to mention only a few. He’s every bit as hard headed as I am, and sometimes we clash, but we remain walking heavenward at the end of every day with three healthy children’s best interests at heart. He was fighting for our country’s freedom in Iraq on the day our son was born in a military hospital in Texas, meeting him when Levi was 5 days old and leaving to go back overseas just two weeks later. Three months later, his father died just two hours before he arrived home on emergency leave to bid him farewell. I am thankful to be taking this life journey with my husband.
5. I love to write. That’s probably why I love blogging so much. I LOVE English Grammar almost as much as science. I can certainly see a book or two in my future, though I’m not looking to be on any best seller lists. 🙂
6. My Mom is my hero. It’s really hard to live so far away from her, but I’m very thankful for the many years we were able to live so closely and I’m so thankful as well that my girls got to know her so well. Our visits are wonderful!
7. I asked Jesus into my heart when I was about 9 years old. I’ve tried really hard to follow Him through the years, and I’m ever-so-thankful for His Grace, Mercy and forgiveness. My girls have both asked Jesus into their hearts as well, and we love to celebrate their “spiritual birthdays.” My Tayt was saved on my birthday. It will be a glorious day when my son asks Jesus into his heart as well, knowing our whole family will spend an eternity together!!
So forgive me for cheating a little, because these won’t be all recently discovered bloggers, but ones that I truly feel inspired by: